Monday, January 5, 2009

Dream hand - turned the nuts and got paid - Caesar’s Palace

Played at Caesar’s Palace tonight.

Bought in for $200.
Won with AQ on a A-K-Q-Q-3 board and then had $420 in front of me.

Picked up AK (offsuit) on the button and raised to $17.00 – three players called.
Flop was Q-T-3 of three different suits.

The three players checked to me.
I (did a continuation bet) bet $30.00 and one guy called me.
Turn was Q-T-3-J, giving me the straight (the nuts)!

My opponent bet into me $50.00 and I raised to $100.00
He GOES ALL IN FOR over $300.00.
I insta-call and he shows K9 (offsuit) for a turned straight.
Oh my god – he’s drawing to a chop at best.
River blanks and I’m up to $854.00

Wow…

What’s interesting is how badly he played it on all streets.
Go over each street and you’ll see what I mean.
Also, he (luckily) was the only player at the table that had enough chips to double me up.

No comments: